Medication is not widely available in Cuba. Make sure you have enough prescription medications for the duration of your trip. It is a good idea to pack all medications in your carry on luggage so that by chance your luggage is lost, you will still have your medications for your vacation.
Pack a first-aid kit with you – pain killers, Imodium, hydration salts, band-aids, etc. These are both costly and difficult to get hold of in Cuba.
Basic Check List
- Your prescription medicines, in their original containers.
- Medicine for diarrhea and upset stomach.
- Cough and cold medicines.
- Pain medicines, such as Aspirin, Tylenol, Aleve and Motrin.
- Decongestants and antihistamines for allergies. The kinds that don’t cause sleepiness are better when you’re traveling.
- Antibiotic ointment, adhesive bandages, sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15 and lip balm.
- Medicine for motion sickness, such as Dramamine.